Travel vaccinations do vary in cost but are usually around £40-50. We offer all travel vaccinations and are a registered yellow fever centre. For your specific vaccination needs please see the following website: www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk.
- Hepatitis A requires a single vaccination for 1 years protection. If you have a booster within a year you are protected for 10years.
- Hepatitis B requires 3 vaccinations to provide lifelong immunity. Some people require a booster at 5 years. The 3 injections are usually given.
- Typhoid is one injection which lasts 3 years.
- Most people are covered for tetanus through the course of immunisations they had as a child, however if you have a nasty injury or an animal bite a booster is sometimes indicated. The booster gives you 10 years protection.
- Meningitis A, C, Y & W is a once only vaccination.
- Cholera requires 2 oral doses (purchased as a single unit) taken 2-3 weeks apart. Protection lasts for 2 years.
- Rabies requires 3 vaccinations to provide life-long immunity. Further booster injections may be required for high risk areas/professions e.g. vets. The 3 injections are usually given.
- Japanese encephalitis requires 2 vaccinations apart and provides lifelong immunity.
- Yellow fever is one injection and is currently licensed to cover you for 10 years although this may change in the future.